Friday, June 18, 2010

It's What Love Makes You

This poem was written when i was studying in USM during the 2003-2006 period. I wrote it during one lonely, teary night. Remembering a guy who is not worth loving.

The poem was instantaniously made (as per all my writings). And then i sent it in a competition in poetry.com website and was chosen for the final read-out in Florida, US. They will publish mine along with the finales and those who sent in their entry in volumes of books in US.

Unfortunately for me at that time, i didnt have the money to travel to Florida to read out my poem to the public, and also regretfully i didnt buy the poetry books.

Sigh. But that was an amazing experience. To be appreciated for my writing. My poem. Which was my first. My first English poem.

I present to you, It's What Love Makes You:


It’s what love makes you
feel,
happy
beautiful
wonder
strange
and
loss, frustration, sadness

It’s what love makes you
become,
confident
and yourself
and also
fragile and vulnerable

It’s what love makes you
become what you are today


USM 04/05
18 June 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment