Tuesday, July 5, 2011

His Birthday, Part II

For his 28th birthday (this year), which
will be due in 3 more days,
i planned something.

Hell, of course i plan something.

The idea came on Monday 27th July (or was it Sunday)?
Oh well, so the idea came
spontaneously. I thought it over,
briefly but adamantly.
I make plans,
and execute them there and then.

So later that evening, i
went to Midvalley to check on
some lesson. To see
how much they charge and
the availability to teach me
in a short time (a week).

It was a success!
Love that place, and the guys (all guys)
in that shop. The owner (a chinese guy)
is very helpful and helped me
there and then.

My 'teacher' is a young guy name
Kautsar.
He's the sort of guy
you'd see in a band. Long curly hair that reaches
his shoulder. I think he is younger
than me. But i never asked.

Anyway, he has been very
helpful. He started teaching
me on Tuesday itself.
I came with nothing.
Luckily the shop provided
everything; from the lesson book
to the music instrument to
the small stuff.

First lesson was good. It gives me
motivation to continue.

Then i was busy, super busy
with my office's performance.
We had dikir barat practice every
evening starting wed. i was rushing
on wed with my office work, dikir
barat practice, lesson and my own
private tutors.

thursday was even hectic.
we got dikir barat practice the
whole day cos the farewell dinner
for dato pbk is at night.
so between practice, i rush to midvalley
during lunch hour for the music lesson.

in the end, the dikir barat
was a success!

i was exhausted.

firday came, and i didnt have
my music lesson, although i had tutors
and such. i practiced a couple of hours that
night until i figured that i
should stop as not to angered my neighbours
with the sumbang sound i made.

saturday, i have something in malacca during
the day. a 'bapakku kawen lagi' themed
wedding. during the night, music lesson and practices.
the last one before my sunday
recording.
wow, i was really in it. and at the same time
scared and know, that i am soooo not ready.
(met key and kc there)

sunday came, i had to teach
in the afternoon. after that
i rush to wangsamaju area where
the hotsound studio is located. its
a jamming studio. memang best!
i got lost but managed to arrive on time, 4pm.

my videographer, remy was also there.
you see, there was only the 2 of us.
i did invite some friends, but none showed up.
i was a bit, down but in a way i think
its better that none showed up though.

i was horrible. we did a 5 takes. going through
the song from beginning until the end.
(did i mention i love the studio?)

i told remy, you used what you have and
do whatever you can to save my video.
make it a funny one, since i can't really
perform as well as i wanted to.

ahfa came later, rather late, but still
i am grateful that he did came.
we lepak for half an hour at chawan bangsar then,
before i head to Plan B Bangsar Village for
dinner with my two gf;s Al and Chena.

Overall, life is good. I can't wait to see
the end product. Although i can expect
something sweet, cute and yet funny in the
video.

Laling, i hope you love it.
And i hope you know how much
i love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment